- Los Angeles River Ranger District
- USFS Tower Number: A-7
- Date Built: 1935
- Elevation at foot of Tower: 5,908 feet
- Tower Height: No tower
- Cab: BC-3
- Tower: No tower structure
- Location of Lookout: Coordinates (G,5) on Angeles National Forest Map
- Legal Location: T.3N, R.11W Section 33
- Description of Lookout below:
The 14 x 14 foot wooden cab with its high ceiling has been called the “friendliest lookout” because it sits directly on the ground and is accessible to visitors with limited mobility. A J-type garage is used for storage. The Lookout overlooks the Chilao-Charlton Recreation Area. It is an easy destination for many hikers, equestrians and mountain bikers. Vetter Mountain Lookout was re-opened to the public by volunteers on May 30, 1998.
Maps and Directions
Vetter Mountain is off the Angeles Crest Highway in the Charlton Flats area. It is a 1.1 mile hike from the Charlton Flats Picnic Grounds.